Tooth decay can cause problems with eating, sleeping, communication and socialising, and results in at least 60,000 days being missed from school during the year for hospital extractions alone. Tooth decay could be prevented by cutting down on sugar, as well as brushing teeth with fluoride toothpaste.
At Village Primary we promote a healthy life style including oral health. We do this in various ways, including;
- Tooth Brushing Scheme in EYFS & KS1 Tooth Brushing Programme
- A vigorous PSHE programme that teaches children about the importance about diet and the effects on our bodies including teeth. PSHE
- Meaningful links made in Science Science
- Healthy meal choices that promote a balanced diet. School Dinners
- Staff working with external health professionals to support families. PSA
Please find below a selection of leaflets to help you support your child with good dental hygiene and oral health.