Admission to main school in 2022
Thank you for showing an interest in our school. Should you wish your child to attend Village Primary School, please feel free to contact us on 01642 676768 to talk to a member of staff.
All school admissions (Reception to Y6) are processed by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council’s School Admissions and Transfers team (Tel no. 01642 526605 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and places are allocated according to a strict set of admissions criteria.
You can apply on-line https://www.stockton.gov.uk/schooladmissions where you will find all the necessary information to help you.
Children will be admitted to Main School, (full time) in September 2022 if their date of birth falls between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018 and our admission limit to Reception is 30.
When it is not possible to comply with parental preferences, parents may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel. Please click link on SBC website for more information:
Admission Policy for September 2022
All governing bodies are required by section 324 of the Education Act 1996 to admit to the school a child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school. This is not an oversubscription criterion. This relates only to children who have undergone statutory assessment and for whom a final statement of SEN or an EHC Plan has been issued.
Where there are more applications for the school than there are places available, places will be allocated in order using the oversubscription criteria below:
CRITERIA (In priority order)
- Pupils who are in the care of the local authority, or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order.
- Children who were previously in care outside of England.
- Pupils with a Special Education Need who are going through a statutory assessment and who have been identified as needing a ‘named’ mainstream school.
- Pupils who have a brother or sister permanently living at the same address, who are still at the school when the pupil begins.
- Pupils permanently resident i.e. the address at which the child is registered for child benefit, who expresses a preference for that school (proof of address may be required) within the admission zone who have returned a Common Application Form by the closing date 31st October 2018.
- Pupils with exceptional social and / or medical reasons for attending the school. A letter from the child’s GP or other relevant professional such as a social worker must be submitted by you with the application stating why your child’s needs can only be met by attending the preferred school.
- Pupils who live closest to a particular school measured in a straight line “as the crow flies”.
For full details of the admissions process or to discuss your personal circumstances please contact:
School Admissions Team
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council,
Tel: 01642 526605
or visit their website by using the link below.