The Rights Respecting Schools Award puts children’s rights at the heart of schools in the UK.
Unicef works with schools in the UK to create safe and inspiring places to learn, where children are respected, their talents are nurtured and they are able to thrive. At Village Primary we embed these values in our daily school life and give children the best chance to lead happy, healthy lives and to be responsible, active citizens.
Achieving Silver: Rights Aware means there is evidence that:
- Village Primary school is explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its policy, practice and culture.
- We are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout your school community.
- We are putting into action and developing the plans outlined on your Action Plan for Silver, which you submitted to achieve Bronze: Rights Committed.
- We are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and young people, staff, and on the school’s ethos, practice and environment.
- Children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights, both locally and globally.